GAIA (Global Action in the Interest of Animals) is a non-profit association and the most influential animal welfare organization in Belgium. Since 1992, we have been working to improve the treatment of animals.
In accordance with our motto "Voice of the Voiceless", GAIA constantly campaigns to improve protection, since animals are living beings that are sensitive to pain and distress and are unable to defend themselves. GAIA carries out targeted, non-violent actions and campaigns against 'organised' animal abuse. A peaceful, determined and effective organisation, that achieves significant results.
Becoming a member of GAIA means
- Joining a community of more than 80.000 animal lovers who are committed to defending the lives of animals and respect for their existence
- Allowing the association to exist: GAIA is not entitled to receive state subsidies, which allows us to campaign independently. This also means that we are fully dependent on our members for support
- To be an active member of a movement that constantly fights to change and improve the way the world looks at animals
- Working hand in hand with an organization that makes a real difference in Belgium and around the world for almost 30 years, achieving unprecedented results
- To make the voice of animals heard by politicians, business leaders and decision makers
- To take another step towards an ideal: a society where animals live in peace, with respect for their rights
Your support allows us to plan the future, to ensure our actions are carried out and to fund our campaigns: whether you decide to support GAIA with a one-off donation or a regular one, you make a real difference for animals!
As a member of GAIA, you receive an annual membership card as well as our quarterly with information on our latest actions and campaigns (with an English summary